Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Science of Laziness

This probably has nothing to do with money (or everything to do with it) I don't really know.  But I read somewhere (forgot where), that when you want something done soon, give the work to the lazy people.

I remembered a post in Facebook, written, Bill Gates giving the work to lazy people, because they think of ways to get the work done soon, and be lazy again. - I'm paraphrasing.

Now, of course, you wouldn't expect such a great outcome, but at least the work is done.  There are obviously a lot of misinterpretations or connotations about laziness. 

I consider myself lazy - don't like working (or at least the idea of it), don't like chores, don't like cleaning, and the list goes on.  But at the end of the day, someone has to do it.

I remembered telling my dad, that I would never let myself be laid off or be out of work, so I can hire someone to get things done.  Of course, that didn't help me at all.






You may have the means to hire someone to get things done for you, but what if you can't afford it?  You got laid off, or they abruptly resigned, or just quit?

From Wise bread,  there's a science to working less.  I emphasized "Working Less" not laziness.  There are benefits to working less, such as Increased productivity, Increased creativity, and Less stress.

Being Lazy however, is just being inconsiderate.  While I do consider myself lazy, I still go to work everyday, and get things done.  I consider myself a smart employee - an efficient employee.

What I am trying to say here is Laziness doesn't mean not working at all.  You still work, but work smarter.  How?

Don't do overtimes, unless required.  I feel that the more pressured you are at work, the less productive you become.  There are however, people who use this to get more take-home / net salary.  I wouldn't suggest that though.  What I would suggest however, is work only in the office and go home in time.  Working only in the office helps you focus and maintain the work / life balance.  Not doing overtime means more time at home and more time to rest.  
Taking more breaks.  Your brain cannot function straight if you also do straight work. You wouldn't be able to focus because your sleepy.  A Dutch friend suggested during the conference planning to take as much breaks as possible.  Not everything we say gets absorbed if the talk exceeds 20 minutes.

If you are still in doubt that working less is beneficial, read this

I may not have enumerated several more ways why "Laziness" or working less would be good for you.  But think about it, do you really want to feel tired all the time?  No one can make you do things you don't want to do.  If you really want to have time, make time.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Writer's Note

This blog is a compilation of my opinion. Anything written here are original. Should you want to quote any of the posts here, kindly put proper credit. Otherwise, it is subject for approval.

Also, the posts should not be considered as a financial advice. Please consult a certified financial planner for a comprehensive advice on Financial Management, Planning and Personal Finance.

Thank you.

ALWAYS LEAVE COMMENT

If you like what you've read, please leave a comment. We might ask you to do guest post.

If you like to write for us or do guest posting, email us at lrlbuscenter@gmail.com or via the email icon above.
 
Blogger Templates