Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Earning Opportunities that Filipinos can start NOW

https://www.facebook.com/mixxandmatchesFor those of you who didn't know, I have been contemplating on having my own business for a while.  And with that I started my own Facebook Page, selling pretty much everything in MIXX AND MATCHES.

Not that I am complaining.  The business is new.  So again, sales is still unstable.


But at the moment, I would probably stick to what I know works for me.  I can't say, I'll give up the online business.  I'm just saying I would continue what works.




I have been working as a web content writer for a few years.  It may not be as much as I wanted probably because I haven't really worked on it, and because I have a stable full-time job.  I just want some sort of a back-up plan - kind of why I set up my online business.

My skills have developed over the years and I am grateful for those who had considered my writing suitable to publish in their sites.  So with that, I am working on my writing job.

I am happy with my online presence and visibility.  I like where my plans are heading.  I also want others to not just think of getting a job, but creating a job.  I am talking about taking risk, being patient and reap all the rewards that only freelancing or setting up a business can fulfill.

I have gathered several freelance / businesses that Filipinos can work on.  Eventhough the list is basically written for "American" audience, there are several points that apply to us.

Here are some businesses, online or onsite / earning potentials that everyone can start NOW.
  • Designing and printing desktop publishing.  If you are highly creative and proficient in design software, such as CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, you can start by offering designs to local shops or online, posting your portfolio with it.  You can start with relatively low cost.  Design their calendars, business cards, official receipts, logos, corporate giveaways, etc. 
  • Be a Freelance IT technician.  IT is not limited to software, you can also do hardware repairs.  Some clients actually pay your fares too.  With this, you can start with your neighbors.
  • Be a Freelance messenger.  There are a lot of online business now, just within Metro Manila.  And all of them are looking for inexpensive shipping / courier provider.  I admit there are a lot already, but why not personalize it.  You can also carry their logo with you when you deliver their package.  When you charge your clients, think about gas cost, time consumption. You will also need a motorcycle with helmet, a good database, and driver's license.  I suggest do this by area.
  • Mani / Pedi - manicure and pedicure.  I like foot massages, so if you can also provide home service massage, with good ol' fashion, mani/pedi, why not.  Be mindful though of your clients' nails.  Try not to murder them.
  • Writing articles.  If you feel your English is impeccable and can relay messages fluidly, have a knack for writing, why not sell your articles.  199jobs is a platform where you can sell your article writing skills at Php 199.00.  It may not be much but you have to start somewhere.
  • Blogging.  Starting a blog is probably the hardest and it may take a while before the profit pours in.  But if you're not really into profit but just putting your idea across, this surely is worth it.
  • Buying and Selling.  You can start with relatively low cost.  You don't need to be extravagant with your items.  Buy what you feel is good for you... then resell it for a mark-up.  At least you like the product, you can have it when it's not sold.
  • Data entry / typing service.  If you're a fast typist and have a reliable internet connection, you can offer typing services.  Take it to the next level and provide Professional business letter-writing services too.
  • Event planning.  If you are detail oriented, level-headed and can work effectively despite having a very demanding job, you might want to consider this.  You also need to have a great organizational skills, tons of connections, and very resourceful.
  • Etc. Etc. Etc.

These list I found in several online articles and some practical sources - have done several of odd jobs written here.  It can be very rewarding.  You don't need to limit yourself.  I guess, when you have an idea - go for it.




Source:   http://www.businessinsider.com/entrepreneurship-50-brilliant-ideas-you-can-execute-upon-right-now-2010-12?op=1
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Writer's Note

This blog is a compilation of my opinion. Anything written here are original. Should you want to quote any of the posts here, kindly put proper credit. Otherwise, it is subject for approval.

Also, the posts should not be considered as a financial advice. Please consult a certified financial planner for a comprehensive advice on Financial Management, Planning and Personal Finance.

Thank you.

ALWAYS LEAVE COMMENT

If you like what you've read, please leave a comment. We might ask you to do guest post.

If you like to write for us or do guest posting, email us at lrlbuscenter@gmail.com or via the email icon above.
 
Blogger Templates